Saturday, September 22, 2007

Learning Wasn't Part of the Deal

I've been kinda lazy, so I haven't posted in a while . I didn't get a chance to write anything about my trip to Galicia yet because I got back a one in the morning the night before I started classes. The trip was okay. We spent a lot of time on the bus visiting different little fishing towns. It was nice to see a different part of Spain. The highlight of the trip was the Cathedral at Santiago de Compostela mainly because I wrote a paper the Camino last year.


Since I got back I've started classes. I have 16 hours a week shoved into 4 days starting at 8:30 everyday, so that's a bit intense, but the course work seems pretty relaxed. This weekend is also a La Merce, the biggest festival in Barcelona. Yesterday Andra walked all over the place. We saw 8 concerts, a couple performances, and the ridiculous opening ceremony. Also this weekend the freshmen were hazed in my dorm. That was honesty the weirdest experience of my life. We all had to run around the neighborhood in garbage bags while the upperclassmen yelled at us in Catalan. On top of it all I've been a little homesick as well. thank you all for the encouraging messages. And yes I know that Mac it isn't nearly as exciting as Spain, but I miss you all, as well as: warm water, my single room, and sadly enough Cafe Mac.

2 comments:

Pecosa said...

I empathize on the homesickness thing - who knew that the first time I'd have that feeling for a place rather than for a lack of a place it would be for school?

Anyways... Hugs. Much love, dearest. Beware the upperclassmen. Miss you, too!

liz said...

You miss Cafe Mac?! (So did I over the summer a bit).

We miss you too. A Ben Box is happening soonish I believe.